The first step to getting set up with Mautic is to import your contacts to the system.
- Save your contact list as a .csv file with names, email address and any other data you have. Here is a template that you can use to create your upload file.
- From your dashboard, go to Contacts, click the drop down arrow and click the ‘Import’ button.
- On the next screen, click ‘Choose File’ to add your .csv from your computer and click ‘Upload’. The Limit, Delimiter, Enclosure and Escape settings can be left alone.
- Select a Contact Owner, Contact Segment and Tags if relevant.
- Map the columns from your .csv file to the fields in Mautic. If you have used the template, the fields should map automatically to the standard Mautic fields. If you have added Custom Fields you will be able to map your incoming data to these fields.
- Click ‘Import in browser’ and your contacts will begin to upload to the system on the next screen. A Success message will display when this process finishes, including any errors, merged contacts etc.
Once that process finishes, that’s it! Your contacts are now in the system allowing you to email them, add them to automated workflows, and track their behavior on your site.