Implementation & Settings
In order to send marketing emails through ContactSurge your company’s email settings will need to be entered into the systems configuration. To do this:
- Click on the gear icon on the top right hand corner, then click Configuration:
- On the menu on the left select Email Settings:
- This will open your Email settings on the right hand side.Next we will configure the section that says Mail Send Settings. Select the Service to send mail through via the drop down under Mail Send Settings:
Natively, ContactSurge offers the ability to send mail through the following services:
- Elastic Email
- Other SMTP Server
- Sendgrid (either using an API key or SMTP credentials)
- If you’re selecting one of our integrations that only requires an API Key, all you need to do is enter it into the field that appears, then click Test connection, and you’re all set! You can even send a test email, which will go to the default E-mail address to send mail from:
- If you select any of the other native integrations, you’ll need to enter the required information in the fields that appear – the required information may vary from service to service. Some may only require the API Key, others may need a Username, Host and/or Port.
Other SMTP Server
Other SMTP Server is also an option. This is for any SMTP Server that you’d like to use, in case ContactSurge does not currently have a native integration for what you’re using (maybe your own servers):
This option requires the Host for the Mail Server and the Port for the Mail Server. You’ll need to select the encryption type used by the SMTP Server (None, TLS or SSL) as well as the authentication mode used by the SMTP Server (None, Plain, Login or Cram-MD5). If you select an authentication mode other than None, additional fields for the credentials will appear below for you to add the Username and password for the selected mail service.
Once you’ve configured this service, test the connection, send a test email, and you’ll be good to go!
Marketing Automation & Campaign Strategy
ContactSurge is flexible enough to meet the online marketing needs of a wide range of business types. Check out the guide below that applies most closely to your business.
- Restaurant & Bars
- Coffee Shops
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change the color of hyperlinks in emails to match my brand?
Hyperlinks use your browser settings by default which is usually blue and underlined. To change this to a color of your choice change the color of the text before adding the link, add the link and then click the ‘underline’ button. This will retain your chosen color for the link.